United Arab Emirates
Monthly (Every 4 weeks)
This would be the stipend for this internship opportunity
Marketing, Public relations, Education
This is the background that this opportunity is associated with
English and/or Arabic
These are the languages that you’ll have to know.
Start Date: 23 September 2021
End Date: 3 April 2022
Shift 1: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (5 days/week)
Shift 2: 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm (5 days/week)
Based on your preference/availability
Deadline to apply: 15 April 2021
24 weeks (6 Months)
About DP World
We are the leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain – from maritime and inland terminals to marine services and industrial parks as well as technology-driven customer solutions.
We deliver these services through an interconnected global network of 136 business units in 61 countries across six continents, with a significant presence both in high-growth and mature markets. Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship into our activities, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 53,360 employees from 137 nationalities are committed to delivering unrivalled value to our customers and partners. We do this by focusing on mutually beneficial relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain – relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust and enduring partnership.We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading digital technology to further broaden our vision to disrupt world trade and create the smartest, most efficient and innovative solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.
As an education ambassador you will work closely with school groups and our young ‘Future Thinkers’, inspiring and educating them about the world of Trade and Logistics, as well as the pivotal role DP World plays as a Global Trade Enabler.
You will be working as part of the DP World FLOW Pavilion Team, which is both public facing and operational. As such, you will need to be a confident public speaker and possess an excellent understanding of DP World and its subsidiaries in order to positively engage your audience and respond to queries. You will also need to perform daily admin tasks, such as shift reports, agendas, and replenishing inventory stocks.
This is an incredible and exciting opportunity to play your part in a once-in-a-lifetime project and join the team of dedicated and passionate DP World FLOW Pavilion colleagues. We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application.
• Responsible for managing and providing DP World FLOW Pavilion tours to school groups & supporting the FlowLab educational experience. The Pavilion will welcome approx. 1500 students per day with tours of 30 taking place every 5 minutes
• Engage, excite and educate our 'Future Thinkers' to the world of Trade & Logistics, positioning DP World as a Global Trade Enabler
• Play a pivotal role as a DP World EXPO 2020 Ambassador to the 2.5m visitors expected to visit the DP World FLOW Pavilion
• Drive forward DP World’s education outreach, showcasing potential career opportunities within the global business
• Speak confidently around DP World as a Global Trade Enabler and its subsidiaries, showcasing your knowledge as a Subject Matter Expert, in order to fully engage the audience and respond to questions positively
• Confidently guide student tour groups through the Pavilion; introducing visitors to relevant floors of the DP World FLOW Pavilion experience and liaising with EXPO Education Team and Tour Manager to ensure tours are on time
• Direct and engage visitors and guests to fully maximise their Pavilion experience through the use of interactive technology, touch points and digital engagement
• Support EdComs in the delivery of the Flow Lab experience (a hands on, problem solving educational workshop modelled on DP World’s business)
• Confidently interact with a wide variety of nationalities & be mindful of cultural sensitivities
• Assist with measuring student feedback and knowledge
• Ensure entry and exit to the Pavilion and FlowLab is smooth for school groups
• Relay any notable events during shift: HSE issues, visitor/guest feedback, notable guest visits
• Maintain operational records, as directed, including tour group feedback and observations
• Complete daily admin tasks with punctuality and precision, including shift reports, agendas, contact reports and schedules
• Liaise with other departments to review & replenish inventory stocks
• Acquire extensive knowledge about the offerings within EXPO 2020 Park in order to enhance wider experience for visitors
• Support mobility and accessibility requirements for all guests and visitors
• Support our Education Producer with ad-hoc requests and day-to-day tasks
• Fulfil additional duties as assigned by line manager to support the overall success and operation of the DP World FLOW Pavilion
You will receive compensation for your virtual work. You can find the details below and request more information during the selection process.
Monthly (Every 4 Weeks)
1 meal per working day, daily transportation within Dubai and uniform
During your experience you will be part of an employee education program provided by DP World
After you complete your experience successfully, you will receive a certificate of completion and a recommendation letter
Employee discounts to our products
- Experience and enthusiasm for presenting to public audiences
- Experience working in the public domain, preferably an exhibition or live event environment
- Experience working with children and young adults preferred
- Experience working onsite in an event environment will be considered advantageous
Presentation skills, Windows PC usage
Communication, Leadership, Public Relations, Training, Writing
Minimum Study Level
Marketing, Public relations, Education
VISA is not provided. Applicant must have a valid UAE VISA (Residence or Student VISA)
The candidate will be selected within ten days as follows:
- Pre-screening once CVs are evaluated : 1 day
- Qualified CVs will be asked to send a video : 2 days
- Shortlisted candidates will be interview by DP World : 4 days
- Successful candidates will receive a final offer from DP World : 3 days