United Arab Emirates
Monthly (Every 4 weeks)
This would be the stipend for this internship opportunity
Business Administration, Human Resources
This is the background that this opportunity is associated with
English and/or Arabic
These are the languages that you’ll have to know.
Start Date: 23 September 2021
End Date: 3 April 2022
Shift 1: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (5 days/week)
Shift 2: 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm (5 days/week)
Based on your preference/availability
Deadline to apply: 15 April 2021
24 weeks (6 Months)
About DP World
We are the leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain – from maritime and inland terminals to marine services and industrial parks as well as technology-driven customer solutions.
We deliver these services through an interconnected global network of 136 business units in 61 countries across six continents, with a significant presence both in high-growth and mature markets. Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship into our activities, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 53,360 employees from 137 nationalities are committed to delivering unrivalled value to our customers and partners. We do this by focusing on mutually beneficial relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain – relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust and enduring partnership.We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading digital technology to further broaden our vision to disrupt world trade and create the smartest, most efficient and innovative solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.
As an Operations Ambassador, you will have the crucial role of supporting Floor Managers, liaising with all pavilion staff teams, and taking on many other principle responsibilities to attain the operational success of one of the largest pavilions at Expo 2020.
Through working at a venue as grand and impressive as DP World FLOW Pavilion, which reaches 6 floors and will welcome 2.5 million visitors over the 6 month period, you will gain invaluable skills and experience. This is an incredible and exciting opportunity to play your part in a once-in-a-lifetime project and join a team of dedicated and passionate DP World FLOW Pavilion colleagues.
• Responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the DP World FLOW Pavilion
• Play a pivotal role in the operational success of one of the largest Pavilions within EXPO 2020 and a future legacy building
• Active assessment of Pavilion operations including HSSE, Facilities, IT and Travel & Transportation with punctual reporting of operational issues to relevant manager
• Support crew welfare, scheduling and rostering, event management system support, registration & accreditation operations within the Pavilion
• Work closely with Floor Managers to support crowd flow and control during ingress & egress of Pavilion, and individual floors during busy periods
• Liaise with other departments to review & replenish inventory stocks
• Create, consolidate maintain and distribute operational reports, including meeting agendas, contact reports and end of shift reports
• Liaise with Catering Team on daily requirements and last-minute changes
• Support distribution and management of uniforms
• Develop an excellent understanding of DP World, and its subsidiaries, as a Global Trade Enabler. Provide informative responses to questions
• Assist guests with general queries, providing timely solutions or directing to the appropriate person
• Confidently interact with a wide variety of nationalities & be mindful of cultural sensitivities
• Assist visitors with general queries, providing timely solutions or directing to the appropriate person
• Enhance Pavilion visits by developing an excellent understanding of the DP World Flow Pavilion and identifying and assessing visitor and guest needs
• Relay any notable events during shift: HSE issues, visitor/guest feedback, notable guest visits
• Maintain operational records, as directed, including visitor & guest feedback and observations
• Complete daily admin tasks with punctuality and precision, including shift reports, agendas, contact reports and schedules
• Acquire extensive knowledge about the offerings within Expo 2020 Park in order to enhance wider experience for visitors
• Support mobility and accessibility requirements for all guests and visitors
• Support Operations Team with ad-hoc requests and day-to-day tasks
• Fulfil additional duties as assigned by line manager to support the overall success and operation of the DP World FLOW Pavilion
• Build sustainable relationships of trust and productivity with all Pavilion staff and DPW Stakeholders.
You will receive compensation for your virtual work. You can find the details below and request more information during the selection process.
Monthly (Every 4 Weeks)
1 meal per working day, daily transportation within Dubai and uniform
During your experience you will be part of an employee education program provided by DP World
After you complete your experience successfully, you will receive a certificate of completion and a recommendation letter
Employee discounts to our products
Experience in PR, Marketing & Communications, working in the public domain, preferably an exhibition or live event environment
- Experience working at large public events and interest in event operations considered advantageous
- Previous experience working with online portals and databases will be considered advantageous
- Experience working onsite at long-term events will be advantageous
Windows PC usage, Windows
Mac usage, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Team Management
Minimum Study Level
Business Administration, Human Resources
VISA is not provided. Applicant must have a valid UAE VISA (Residence or Student VISA)
The candidate will be selected within ten days as follows:
- Pre-screening once CVs are evaluated : 1 day
- Qualified CVs will be asked to send a video : 2 days
- Shortlisted candidates will be interview by DP World : 4 days
- Successful candidates will receive a final offer from DP World : 3 days